Pacif-i is a pacifier and so should be cleaned regularly and carefully just like any other pacifier. Pacif-i is unique in that it contains sensitive electronics and a sensor that can be damaged if it not cleaned properly. Also the cosmetic appearance of Pacif-i can be compromised if it is cleaned with harsh detergents.
There are some do's and some definite don'ts in relate to cleaning it.
- Do clean regularly
- Do keep the protective cover on the pacifier as much as possible when it is not in use
- Do use warm soapy water and rinse and dry thoroughly afterwards
- Do use antiseptic wipes and rinse and dry thoroughly afterwards
- Do not submerge in water for any length of time. Pacif-i is water resistant but is not waterproof. If it is left in water for any length of time water is likely to ingress and will damage the internal components. It will then cease to work and you warranty will be void.
- Do not place in a dishwasher
- Do not use harsh detergents
- Do not place in a microwave
- Do not steam clean